Skip to main content

MOMMY MOMENTS: Newborn Days

4 in the am of January 26, 2009 (Chinese New Year), I knew I was in labor. The pain was not that unbearable at first so I was able to sleep still, for three hours (We used to stay up late then).

7:00am, I woke up with my cramping legs and my stiff body. I cannot move around comfortably and I was thoroughly convinced that I'll see my baby girl in just a matter of hours. With that thought, I woke up my hubby. I was in a bit of panic.

8:00am, I was getting myself ready for the delivery (and my hubby was helping me). I took a bath, change my clothes, checked the baby bag, and the files.

9:00am, we were off to the lying-in clinic.

9:20am, we arrived at the clinic - my doctor scolding me for not showing up for the last two prenatal visits that I SHOULD have attended.

10:20am, I was off to a diagnostics center where I had to take an Ultrasound screening (again) plus the Glucose Challenge Test

10:30am - 3:00 pm - I was in labor but I was still having myself tested for my sugar level. Unfortunately, the GCT fasting didn't work for me so they had to try an alternative blood sugar level test. On the other hand, the ultrasound was ok since the sonologist told me that my baby was just of the right size and weight, no need for a CS operation.

The sugar level results turned out ok as well but the contractions were getting more painful than ever. I barely can walk then. After getting the results, I ate my lunch - finally.

3:00pm - Me and hubby went home first. I tried to sleep since my OB told me to come back only when the contractions are already 5 minutes apart.

6:30pm - The contractions were killing me. I barely can walk and it seemed as if I can't breathe as well. We run off (not literally) to the lying-in clinic again.

Past seven - I was TRULY and PAINFULLY IN LABOR. I prayed over and over again. I kept on telling myself that I could do this, that I will see my baby soon, that she'll be alright, that I have to be strong for my baby, that nothing bad will happen to me or to her. I prayed to God and told him to let me live to see my baby and take good care of her... but I also asked Him to bless my child and my family in case He decided that it was already my time.

9:30pm - My water broke and I was taken to the Delivery room. I hate that nurse who wouldn't let me hold her hand while I was having my VERY PAINFUL CONTRACTIONS. There were lots of blood. I pushed and puffed and pushed... more blood.. I really didn't know if I was doing the right 'way" of pushing the baby. After about ten 'pushes' (not sure of the count), My doctor told me to push stronger and longer because my Yana was crowning.

10:03pm - After three long pushes, I HEARD MY BABY CRY.. I saw her and it was A MOMENT I WILL NEVER FORGET - not even if you hit me in the head with an oversized hammer.
It was the happiest moment of my life - really. I told myself that I did it. Finally, SHE'S HERE ... she's safe... she's alive... my Yana.
My doctor placed her on my tummy and I tried to touch her... I managed to touch her belly and I called her name...
And then, I 'blacked-out'.
(Yana, an hour after she was born)

When I woke up, I was back in the other room, with my husband near the baby. He hurried towards me when he saw that I was already awake. He took the baby beside me. She was soooooo lovely.

Since then, having my baby was bliss for me. She makes me smile everyday and cry at times. She gives me the will to wake up in the morning even if I only had two hours of sleep or even less. She is soo my obsession.

At night, I can't sleep, not until she sleeps first (she always does... 2 or 3 in the morning). In the mornings, I eagerly wait for her to wake up and look at me with those curious bright eyes. I can't stand being away from her. She is my best achievement. I hope I can give her everything she needs. I love her fully and I hope I can be the best mom.

**** In 11 days, Yana will be turning one. WEEEEE! :)
**** In five weeks, I'll be saying Hello to my twins (target date of CS operation: Feb 21)! Am excited but worried. I hope everything turns out okay.

(Yana, 2 days after she was born)





Comments

SASSY MOM said…
Yana is so adorable... nice documentation, mommy!
Marice said…
you are right mommy! she is soo lovely!
have a happy weekend!
u may view mine here
Chris said…
wow, detailed report! :D
its good to note down the details while you can still remember them! hehehe

thanks for joining us this week!
darly said…
kakatuwa naman yun, nagle-labor ka na and in pain pinagalitan ka pa ng OB mo, hihi

well, after all that worth it naman ang hirap di ba:) your bebe is so adorable.

Here's my MM entry, check it out too.

Popular posts from this blog

Mommy Moments: Welcoming MY TWINS :)

In just a few weeks (probably less than 3), we will be welcoming the twins - a boy and a girl. The target date is to reach my 38th week which is Feb 20. I hope I can make it through and successfully reach that target though I'm also a bit delighted by the idea of my twins being born a bit earlier - perhaps Feb 14 :) (but if that will cause them harm - in any way whatsoever, then away with you v-day bday thoughts!) Anyway, my eldest - my lovely bubbly Yana - just turned one two days ago and I am really not sure how she would welcome the twins. I just hope she'd be able to manage it. Right now, I know that she's quite protective of - and very much connected to - me. I can still remember how scared she was and how loudly she cried when my ob placed a doppler on my tummy and she heard the heartbeats. She might have assumed that the doctor was hurting me somehow so she started crying and she tried to pull my ob away from me. At night (or should I say early morning), she won'

Real Leaf Paparazzi

I have never been a fan of sodas. Nor did I ever engage in a one-night spree with beer or vodka. Instead, I have always loved ice-cold tea. Drinking tea is a habit I’ve developed since I was in college and my ‘tea-addictivity’ has never wavered since. I’ve patiently put up with teabags for years but fortunately, bottled-up teas are now available and distributed in heaps. These days, I’m much fond of Nestea’s Real Leaf Tea and I share this fondness with my two closest “allies” – my partner in life and my younger brother. W hat follows is our one big atte mpt to encourage more people to engage in our quest for a Real Life with Coca Cola’s Real Le af tea (and of course, an attempt to get a prize from Nuffnang's exciting contest- Real Leaf Paparazzi!)… This is the typical “Juan” trying to have a Real Life. With the help of the Real Leaf tea, my brother 'John' tries to stay 100% on. He tries to relieve the exhaustion, stress, and anxiety brought by… (a) a hard day’s work as a n

Life In Taborea: The World Of Runes Of Magic

Runes of Magic (RoM) is a free massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed by the Taiwanese developer Runewaker Entertainment. It's here in the Philippines now, and has been in Open Beta since January 8. My brother is addicted to the game and I have read a lot of rave reviews about it. The most frequent of which is the fact that its graphics are very appealing and quite realistic. S et in a fantasy world filled with magic, monsters, and heroes, it gives you an out of this world experience as you try out a variety of quests and battle with f ellow players and monsters. Whenever you take on your character - may it be a rogue, mage, priest, warrior, or knight, you will feel as if you're leading a double life. Those who have loved DOTA and World of Warcraft will definitely enj oy this game more. If you want to know more about the game, please check http://www.runesofmagic.com.ph/ . ............................................................. PRELUDE At times