Skip to main content

How To Best Enjoy Minute Maid? Just S-M-I-L-E!

Frankly, orange is not my favorite fruit but ever since I’ve gotten pregnant (starting with my eldest ‘til now that I'm 34 weeks pregnant with the twins), I have developed this OJ craving and Minute Maid Pulpy Orange Juice has always been my first choice.

Based on my almost two-year affair with this beverage, I’ll
share with you the S-M-I-L-E technique on how you can best enjoy your Minute Maid the same way that I always did.
My brother with the Minute Maid I offered him

*****************************
S
erve it at the Start of the Day

If you want to start your day right, I suggest you begin it with a glass of Minute Maid Pulpy Orange. The ‘orangy’ scent will help wake you up and get you going early in the mornings. It has this aroma-therapeutic effect that will immediately brighten up your mood for the rest of the day.
In my case, its sweet citrus aroma acts much like a zest pill each time I have to start with daily tasks (my work starts 7am- sharp!)… and I almost forgot, Breakfast with Minute Maid is best when there’s oatmeal.

*** As noted in a study of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, orange juice and oatmeal for breakfast can help prevent cardiovascular diseases as this combination helps clean up your arteries.
*****************************
Mingle with Mother Nature
What better way to enjoy nature’s best than with Mother Nature herself? I always find it refreshing to drink my Minute Maid when I’m outdoors traveling. Sipping Minute Maid with chirping birds, colorful butterflies and flowers around you will give you an inherent feeling that you are somehow connected with your environment.
As you remind yourself that the pulpy orange drink is one of nature’s gifts, you’ll be more inspired to explore your surroundings, go Green, gulp more juice, and care for the planet.
*** I strongly suggest that you go on a picnic, find an awe-inspiring landscape (perhaps the sunrise or sunset), sit on the grass, close your eyes and then sip the OJ slowly – just let the taste linger on!

*****************************
Ice-Cold Juice is the way to go
To effectively quench your thirst on a hot day or after you’ve gone jogging or weightlifting or after you’ve just received a very very bad news, drink ice cold Minute Maid. I don’t know why but definitely, the ice makes the orangy taste more appealing, more refreshing, and more stimulating!
If you want to magnify the energizing effect of pulpy Minute Maid however, then you can serve it as an orange shake or as ice cube ‘candies’. Or better yet – make Pinoy-style popsicles – Minute Maid Ice Candy (which will surely be a hit to kids). To make the pops more special, you can add in some fruit cubes like mango cubes perhaps (my fave fruit).

Here is something you might want to try as well...


*** Extra info: Some diet experts say that consuming ice-cold or iced beverages helps you lose weight since your body has to work and burn calories in order to warm up whatever you drink.


*****************************
Lace it with a luscious sandwich
For me, Minute Maid Pulpy Orange is best enjoyed with a luscious sandwich – a clubhouse sandwich, a roast beef sandwich, chicken sandwich, Tuscan tuna sandwich, ANY sandwich! The sweetness of the orange juice will complement the tartness of the sandwich and totally bring out the meat’s flavor.
On the other hand, the starchy sandwich will enhance your craving for the beverage, thus making every anticipated sip more exciting. Try it and you’ll agree with me!

*** For best results, you can also put slices of orange or mix orange zest and bits with the olives, onion, tomato, lettuce, or whatever sandwich filling you’re making.

*****************************
Enjoy it with Everybody
Nothing beats the feeling you’ll get from sharing things that matter to you. In the case of foods and beverages, “Mas masarap ang may kaagaw”. That’s why I share my Minute Maid mania with my family – even with my daughter.
After all, Minute Maid is an everyday drink with a healthy twist. You can drink it and not worry about cardiovascular problems or different kinds of cancers. You’ll even feel great upon knowing that it has powerful antioxidants and lots of Vitamin C. These components lessen your risk of getting a stroke or developing heart diseases.

***So, offering your loved ones a glass of this pulpy orange drink not only brings you closer together. It’s also a way to ensure that they’ll be healthier, more cheerful, and more energetic.

Comments

LN said…
@chubskulit: Thanks! :) so are your kids :)
Esvimin Faelnar said…
hello!=)
Thanks for dropping by in my multiply site and for your comment too..!
Your minute maid entry is so informative, I feel like I wanna try a minute maid popsicle! Wow!=)
And u have a cute baby girl...and awww! pregnant now for a twin? take care! ty
LN said…
@Esvimin: Thanks sis :) do try them, kids digg it. ;)
Ria said…
ang cute ng post mo :-) actually, i thought twice about entering the minute maid contest too kasi ang galing ng write up mo hehehe
LN said…
@Ria: Wow naappreciate :) Thanks po! :) pangbawi lang ung write-up kasi wala akong magagandang pics gaya ng sayo (Gusto ko din magbeach.. huhu!)Good luck sating lahat! :)
Seiko said…
Glad you found one healthy drink especially that you're pregnant and wow twins. And cute din ng header. :D God Bless!
LN said…
@Seiko: Thanks sis :)You ought to try it :) Please pray for the twins' health. Thanks ulit :)
noemi said…
congrats for winning pinoyfood.nimrodel.net minute maid blog contest.

Please email me
my contact form is found here
http://pinoyfood.nimrodel.net/2010/03/08/minute-maid-blog-contest-winner/

Popular posts from this blog

Mommy Moments: Welcoming MY TWINS :)

In just a few weeks (probably less than 3), we will be welcoming the twins - a boy and a girl. The target date is to reach my 38th week which is Feb 20. I hope I can make it through and successfully reach that target though I'm also a bit delighted by the idea of my twins being born a bit earlier - perhaps Feb 14 :) (but if that will cause them harm - in any way whatsoever, then away with you v-day bday thoughts!) Anyway, my eldest - my lovely bubbly Yana - just turned one two days ago and I am really not sure how she would welcome the twins. I just hope she'd be able to manage it. Right now, I know that she's quite protective of - and very much connected to - me. I can still remember how scared she was and how loudly she cried when my ob placed a doppler on my tummy and she heard the heartbeats. She might have assumed that the doctor was hurting me somehow so she started crying and she tried to pull my ob away from me. At night (or should I say early morning), she won'

Real Leaf Paparazzi

I have never been a fan of sodas. Nor did I ever engage in a one-night spree with beer or vodka. Instead, I have always loved ice-cold tea. Drinking tea is a habit I’ve developed since I was in college and my ‘tea-addictivity’ has never wavered since. I’ve patiently put up with teabags for years but fortunately, bottled-up teas are now available and distributed in heaps. These days, I’m much fond of Nestea’s Real Leaf Tea and I share this fondness with my two closest “allies” – my partner in life and my younger brother. W hat follows is our one big atte mpt to encourage more people to engage in our quest for a Real Life with Coca Cola’s Real Le af tea (and of course, an attempt to get a prize from Nuffnang's exciting contest- Real Leaf Paparazzi!)… This is the typical “Juan” trying to have a Real Life. With the help of the Real Leaf tea, my brother 'John' tries to stay 100% on. He tries to relieve the exhaustion, stress, and anxiety brought by… (a) a hard day’s work as a n

Life In Taborea: The World Of Runes Of Magic

Runes of Magic (RoM) is a free massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed by the Taiwanese developer Runewaker Entertainment. It's here in the Philippines now, and has been in Open Beta since January 8. My brother is addicted to the game and I have read a lot of rave reviews about it. The most frequent of which is the fact that its graphics are very appealing and quite realistic. S et in a fantasy world filled with magic, monsters, and heroes, it gives you an out of this world experience as you try out a variety of quests and battle with f ellow players and monsters. Whenever you take on your character - may it be a rogue, mage, priest, warrior, or knight, you will feel as if you're leading a double life. Those who have loved DOTA and World of Warcraft will definitely enj oy this game more. If you want to know more about the game, please check http://www.runesofmagic.com.ph/ . ............................................................. PRELUDE At times