Skip to main content

One Tagaytay, The Right Place


I live in Las Pinas and Tagaytay is just about an hour away from us. The irony however is that though Tagaytay is a prime travel destination, I’ve been there only once and I didn’t even have much fun during that first T trip (was still very pregnant then..)… and so, I promised myself that the next time I go there, I should – and I will – have a great time with my family.

Since it’s almost summer, I’m thinking… Should I take that next super fun Tagaytay trip next month? If I would, I want it to be an ultimate intimate bonding experience for our family. I know the must-visit places - Picnic Grove, People’s Park in the Sky, Taal Volcano, etc… but I haven’t decided on where we should stay. Fortunately, I stumbled upon a site which features One Tagaytay and I think this place is THE RIGHT PLACE that I was looking for.




One Tagaytay simply stands out from the rest of the pack because it’s not overstated. It is not too prolific. It’s not too overwhelmingly and insignificantly extravagant and exaggerated. It’s JUST RIGHT, especially for someone like me who doesn’t want to be bombarded with unnecessary luxuries.

I really don’t like places that were merely built to impress. What I hate more are those that build up your expectations through false first impressions, and then let you end up disappointed in the end. I want to keep things simply satisfying and enjoyable.

I’d like… my RIGHT match

If we visit Tagaytay this summer, I’d like to stay somewhere with a nice and cozy room, stylish but not drastically extravagant-looking, to the point that it becomes a bit off-putting, especially when you have kids (or people who want to get drunk) and you’re worried that they might break something.


I’d love a room that has all the amenities and luxuries I’d need – but not too much of it. Cable television is a must, a DVD player, hair dryer, and Wifi access too.

Though we’re out on a vacation, a coffee maker is also essential particularly because I’d need to stay up and ‘on caffeine’ so I wouldn’t miss late night talks where someone gets to be unlucky enough to be in the ‘hot seat’ :)

Though this may not be a must, I also wish – and I’m wishing hard – that the room we’ll stay in would have a private balcony that would give me a good view of everything that is Tagaytay. This is actually quite necessary not just for relaxation purposes, but for the family-photo shoot tradition (“Kodakan” portion) that we adhere to every time we go out of town.


I’d like a nice hotel where the staff is always there, just hanging around, ready to attend to whatever we need - anytime. I'd like people who would treat us as if we were of royal blood – and at the same time, long lost friends they’d welcome with open arms.

I’d like a place with a good spa where me and my hubby could have the best relaxing and pampering massage that will soothe my body and clear my mind. And of course, it should have the nicest resto which offers only the most sumptuous meals, preferably Tagaytay’s finest delicacies. I want my family to have their tummies all stuffed up.


A mini bar, a swimming pool matched with a kiddie pool, and a fitness room are features I consider very appealing as well.


And finally, I’d like a place where we would be secure and safe, far from the hustles and bustle of city life - the noise, the smoke, the busy crowd. I'd like a tranquil refuge where there is peace and complete privacy for me, my hubby and my kids.

Since all of these ‘I like’ features (and more) are in One Tagaytay, I know that it’s my RIGHT MATCH – the haven that’s one of a kind when it comes to offering the RIGHT dose of simplicity, luxury, comfort, fun, recreation, and relaxation.

This is in response to the Hit-a-bargain question: What do you think sets ONE TAGAYTAY apart from the rest of the hotels in Tagaytay in terms of bonding together with family or friends?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites
Tagaytay City, Philippines


Contact Information
Tagaytay Reservations Office: (+632) 584 4111; (+632) 584 4156, (0922) 834 8874
E-mail: reservations@onetagaytayplace.com, sales@onetagaytayplace.com
Hotel Facilities: Aurora Grand Ballroom, Other function rooms – Aguinaldo, Agoncillo, Alfonso, and Amadeo Rooms, Landscaped gardens, Azalea Restaurant, Lobby Restaurant and Bar, Commercial center (located within the premises of our Tagaytay lodging; features convenience stores and other establishments), Spa, Swimming pool, Kiddie pool, View deck, Fitness room/ gym.
Hotel amenities and services: 24-hour standby generator, business center, room service, Tagaytay lodging concierge, ample parking, safe deposit box, currency exchange, and wake-up call.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mommy Moments: Welcoming MY TWINS :)

In just a few weeks (probably less than 3), we will be welcoming the twins - a boy and a girl. The target date is to reach my 38th week which is Feb 20. I hope I can make it through and successfully reach that target though I'm also a bit delighted by the idea of my twins being born a bit earlier - perhaps Feb 14 :) (but if that will cause them harm - in any way whatsoever, then away with you v-day bday thoughts!) Anyway, my eldest - my lovely bubbly Yana - just turned one two days ago and I am really not sure how she would welcome the twins. I just hope she'd be able to manage it. Right now, I know that she's quite protective of - and very much connected to - me. I can still remember how scared she was and how loudly she cried when my ob placed a doppler on my tummy and she heard the heartbeats. She might have assumed that the doctor was hurting me somehow so she started crying and she tried to pull my ob away from me. At night (or should I say early morning), she won'

Real Leaf Paparazzi

I have never been a fan of sodas. Nor did I ever engage in a one-night spree with beer or vodka. Instead, I have always loved ice-cold tea. Drinking tea is a habit I’ve developed since I was in college and my ‘tea-addictivity’ has never wavered since. I’ve patiently put up with teabags for years but fortunately, bottled-up teas are now available and distributed in heaps. These days, I’m much fond of Nestea’s Real Leaf Tea and I share this fondness with my two closest “allies” – my partner in life and my younger brother. W hat follows is our one big atte mpt to encourage more people to engage in our quest for a Real Life with Coca Cola’s Real Le af tea (and of course, an attempt to get a prize from Nuffnang's exciting contest- Real Leaf Paparazzi!)… This is the typical “Juan” trying to have a Real Life. With the help of the Real Leaf tea, my brother 'John' tries to stay 100% on. He tries to relieve the exhaustion, stress, and anxiety brought by… (a) a hard day’s work as a n

Life In Taborea: The World Of Runes Of Magic

Runes of Magic (RoM) is a free massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed by the Taiwanese developer Runewaker Entertainment. It's here in the Philippines now, and has been in Open Beta since January 8. My brother is addicted to the game and I have read a lot of rave reviews about it. The most frequent of which is the fact that its graphics are very appealing and quite realistic. S et in a fantasy world filled with magic, monsters, and heroes, it gives you an out of this world experience as you try out a variety of quests and battle with f ellow players and monsters. Whenever you take on your character - may it be a rogue, mage, priest, warrior, or knight, you will feel as if you're leading a double life. Those who have loved DOTA and World of Warcraft will definitely enj oy this game more. If you want to know more about the game, please check http://www.runesofmagic.com.ph/ . ............................................................. PRELUDE At times