Skip to main content

Confessions Of A Slipaholic

Guys and gals, just how many of you have already checked if you have a ring back tune? If you haven’t, well you better do it right now. You might just be an innocent victim to a phone network’s cruel but unpremeditated joke. :)

I was browsing through Makoy’s “Makoyskie” blog and I came across this funny post – The Case of the FUNNY Ring back tune – wahaha :) (How to Cancel Singtel's Ring Back Tune). He was unaware that he received a ring back tune from SingTel and he had to hear it from his friends. Guess what the Ring Back Tune is…


“Ako ang Nagwagi”. It's the signature song of Dulce composed by George Canseco. I have nothing against the song really. T'was a hit. But the thing is - it WAS a hit, twenty years ago. Perhaps Singtel is not very updated with today's Pinoy pop culture... or maybe, they are Dulce fans :D 


(Well, I would love to have that Ring Back Tune IF I can win @ Makoy’s Humor Me Contest…- how I wish!)


Here is my entry….

Confessions of a Slipaholic
My friends used to sing “Clumsy” for me for I am everything that Fergie described in her song. I often slip, flip, stumble, tumble and trip over something. I even rolled down the stairs. Twice. I am tatdadadah! “The Slipaholic”. I am good at walking, running, hiking, and even wall climbing. But I am not good at taking steps…

A SLIPtuation
Highschool. Me and my best friend were up on the third floor’s escalator and my whole high school world was on our background (Whole High School world: Crush+Barkada).We were all heading towards a mall’s cinema hall to watch our movie assignment. We were very prepared – powdered up, perfume-bathed, dressed to kill, and elbow-anchored to each other. My best friend couldn’t stop talking about her crush and I was listening- ears, eyes on her (enjoying her overly exaggerated kilig moments)…
And then it happened.


She slipped.
I slipped.
Something popped.
Something flew.
It was my shoe.
Floating.
Spinning.
Spinning.
Spinning.
Still Spinning.
Towards a face.

THE FACE
HIS FACE.
The Horror.
*sigh*

I lost more than my shoe that day ;p (but I'm glad, we didn't fell off the escalator though).

Anyway, all’s well that ends well. As Spongebob once said to Sandy (the smartest squirrel in Bikini Bottom): “You got to learn to laugh at yourself. I do all the time!”

He’s right. When I saw my shoe, I laughed my heart out even when everybody saw what happened and they’re all laughing at me when I walked towards the hall with only one shoe on.

But my story doesn’t end there. That day, I also learned the golden rule of laughing –“You will laugh unto others when you let them laugh unto you” (Pagtatawanan mo rin sila kung pagtatawanan ka nila!”) - Lintik lang ang walang ganti!

Continuation: After my slipaholic moment, one of my barkada (who also laughed at me, damn it!) shared this story…

Our teacher (who gave us the movie assignment) saw your moment. She was laughing so hard at what had happened to you…. So hard that she couldn’t stop…. So hard that we totally felt embarrassed to laugh with her… so hard that she went BOOOOOGOOOOG! She headed straight towards the glass door without bothering to open it.

Now that is HARD! (I thought)
Justice is served
LOL ***(evil manaical laugh)***LOL








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mommy Moments: Welcoming MY TWINS :)

In just a few weeks (probably less than 3), we will be welcoming the twins - a boy and a girl. The target date is to reach my 38th week which is Feb 20. I hope I can make it through and successfully reach that target though I'm also a bit delighted by the idea of my twins being born a bit earlier - perhaps Feb 14 :) (but if that will cause them harm - in any way whatsoever, then away with you v-day bday thoughts!) Anyway, my eldest - my lovely bubbly Yana - just turned one two days ago and I am really not sure how she would welcome the twins. I just hope she'd be able to manage it. Right now, I know that she's quite protective of - and very much connected to - me. I can still remember how scared she was and how loudly she cried when my ob placed a doppler on my tummy and she heard the heartbeats. She might have assumed that the doctor was hurting me somehow so she started crying and she tried to pull my ob away from me. At night (or should I say early morning), she won'

Real Leaf Paparazzi

I have never been a fan of sodas. Nor did I ever engage in a one-night spree with beer or vodka. Instead, I have always loved ice-cold tea. Drinking tea is a habit I’ve developed since I was in college and my ‘tea-addictivity’ has never wavered since. I’ve patiently put up with teabags for years but fortunately, bottled-up teas are now available and distributed in heaps. These days, I’m much fond of Nestea’s Real Leaf Tea and I share this fondness with my two closest “allies” – my partner in life and my younger brother. W hat follows is our one big atte mpt to encourage more people to engage in our quest for a Real Life with Coca Cola’s Real Le af tea (and of course, an attempt to get a prize from Nuffnang's exciting contest- Real Leaf Paparazzi!)… This is the typical “Juan” trying to have a Real Life. With the help of the Real Leaf tea, my brother 'John' tries to stay 100% on. He tries to relieve the exhaustion, stress, and anxiety brought by… (a) a hard day’s work as a n

Life In Taborea: The World Of Runes Of Magic

Runes of Magic (RoM) is a free massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed by the Taiwanese developer Runewaker Entertainment. It's here in the Philippines now, and has been in Open Beta since January 8. My brother is addicted to the game and I have read a lot of rave reviews about it. The most frequent of which is the fact that its graphics are very appealing and quite realistic. S et in a fantasy world filled with magic, monsters, and heroes, it gives you an out of this world experience as you try out a variety of quests and battle with f ellow players and monsters. Whenever you take on your character - may it be a rogue, mage, priest, warrior, or knight, you will feel as if you're leading a double life. Those who have loved DOTA and World of Warcraft will definitely enj oy this game more. If you want to know more about the game, please check http://www.runesofmagic.com.ph/ . ............................................................. PRELUDE At times