Skip to main content

Mommy Moments: Dear Mommy


mommy moments

Dear Mommy

Dear Mommy, your child is your princess. She is your responsibility. If not for her own sake, never let her get hurt by any means.

Dear Mommy, your child is your fan. She learns and takes after what you do, how you feel, where you go, how you react, what you think, why you love and why you hate. For her, be the best. Do not fail at being a good person for she too might suffer the same fate.


Dear Mommy, your child is your student. Teach her everything that you know and guide her in every way that you can. Bombard her with good thoughts, warm emotions, and logical and critical reasoning. Empower her with love, understanding and patience.


Dear Mommy, your child is your flesh and blood. Accept her. Recognize the whole of her - strengths, weaknesses, successes, and failures. Never forsake her for making wrong decisions and doing wrong things. She needs your guidance and your encouragement, not your pity, pride, and punishment. She needs you even when she says she doesn't.

Dear Mommy, your child is the best gift God has given to you. Do everything that you can to protect her from harm but never prevent her from living her life. Let her learn, explore, and experience for only through these things will she be able to feel, hold, and live her life to the fullest.


Dear Mommy, you child is not yours. She is not your shadow. She is not your doll. Do not shroud her with your wishes. Do not put her inside your cage of dreams. Do not let her be a slave of your beliefs and principles in life. Let her be the person that she can call herself. Let her grow. Let her have her own goals and beliefs. Let her pursue what she wants for as long as she is not hurting herself and others, for as long as she remains to be a God-fearing being. 


Dear Mommy, 

Love your Child,
Protect your Child,
Trust your Child,
and Believe in Your Child.


This is something I wrote just to guide me at being a parent when I was still pregnant with my eldest. It has been almost two years since I became a mom and frankly, until now, I'm still not prepared and sometimes, I fear that I may not be doing the right thing for my babies. I'm not an expert at mommyhood and I know I'll never be. 

Comments

Don't you worry, we have a lifetime to larn how to be a good mom. :)
jeng said…
Motherhood is a lifetime process, we all still have a lot to learn from our children. ; )

Happy Mother's Day!

http://jengspeaks.blogspot.com/2010/05/mommy-moments-motherly-advice.html
Karen Chayne said…
Happy Mother's Day to you!
nice A said…
Good reminders for yourself and for us moms. How could you say you're not a good mom? Yes, you are. I believe you're doing your best as a mom so that's it.
Happy Mothers' Day, dear sis:)
Momgen said…
Very good advice thanks. Happy mommy moments and happy mother's day.

Mine is here
sweetytots said…
we are all learning here... thanks.. please visit mine here sweetytots
Anonymous said…
What a nice letter, very encouraging. Learning is a 2 way street in motherhood. We grow up as parents as our children grows up.
Anonymous said…
Such an encouraging letter. :) Learning is a 2 way thing, we learn as parents the same time our children grow up. :)
kimmyschemy said…
so very true! nice post. take your time and enjoy motherhood!
Cecile said…
love the letter :-); Happy Mother's Day!
Lady Patchy said…
Happy Mothers day to you!
Chris said…
wonderful letter :) a great reminder to all moms. thanks for sharing it with us!

Popular posts from this blog

Mommy Moments: Welcoming MY TWINS :)

In just a few weeks (probably less than 3), we will be welcoming the twins - a boy and a girl. The target date is to reach my 38th week which is Feb 20. I hope I can make it through and successfully reach that target though I'm also a bit delighted by the idea of my twins being born a bit earlier - perhaps Feb 14 :) (but if that will cause them harm - in any way whatsoever, then away with you v-day bday thoughts!) Anyway, my eldest - my lovely bubbly Yana - just turned one two days ago and I am really not sure how she would welcome the twins. I just hope she'd be able to manage it. Right now, I know that she's quite protective of - and very much connected to - me. I can still remember how scared she was and how loudly she cried when my ob placed a doppler on my tummy and she heard the heartbeats. She might have assumed that the doctor was hurting me somehow so she started crying and she tried to pull my ob away from me. At night (or should I say early morning), she won'

Real Leaf Paparazzi

I have never been a fan of sodas. Nor did I ever engage in a one-night spree with beer or vodka. Instead, I have always loved ice-cold tea. Drinking tea is a habit I’ve developed since I was in college and my ‘tea-addictivity’ has never wavered since. I’ve patiently put up with teabags for years but fortunately, bottled-up teas are now available and distributed in heaps. These days, I’m much fond of Nestea’s Real Leaf Tea and I share this fondness with my two closest “allies” – my partner in life and my younger brother. W hat follows is our one big atte mpt to encourage more people to engage in our quest for a Real Life with Coca Cola’s Real Le af tea (and of course, an attempt to get a prize from Nuffnang's exciting contest- Real Leaf Paparazzi!)… This is the typical “Juan” trying to have a Real Life. With the help of the Real Leaf tea, my brother 'John' tries to stay 100% on. He tries to relieve the exhaustion, stress, and anxiety brought by… (a) a hard day’s work as a n

Life In Taborea: The World Of Runes Of Magic

Runes of Magic (RoM) is a free massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed by the Taiwanese developer Runewaker Entertainment. It's here in the Philippines now, and has been in Open Beta since January 8. My brother is addicted to the game and I have read a lot of rave reviews about it. The most frequent of which is the fact that its graphics are very appealing and quite realistic. S et in a fantasy world filled with magic, monsters, and heroes, it gives you an out of this world experience as you try out a variety of quests and battle with f ellow players and monsters. Whenever you take on your character - may it be a rogue, mage, priest, warrior, or knight, you will feel as if you're leading a double life. Those who have loved DOTA and World of Warcraft will definitely enj oy this game more. If you want to know more about the game, please check http://www.runesofmagic.com.ph/ . ............................................................. PRELUDE At times