Skip to main content

Mommy Moments: Mother's Day 2010

At first, I wanted to skip this week's MM because the theme was Mother's Day and I really don't have much to share about that day. 

I started that day (it was actually 'night' because we were all still awake during the wee hours of the morning) with a hug, a kiss, and a greeting from hubby... The End... 


Actually, I was a bit sad that day since I wasn't able to visit my Mom and give her something. I just called her up to greet her and to tell her that I love her. That's it. I also didn't receive a card or a flower from hubby **sigh** and my babies are... well, babies, so they couldn't possibly come up with a card. However, I really appreciate all the bloggers, online friends, and "offline friends" :) who extended their greetings to me. I really felt remembered with all the FB photo tagging, wall posts, and mails.



Before I started making this post, I read Mommy Chris' MM entry and she noted that we should write about why this year's Mother's Day is special for us. That is why I still decided to join in this week.

Mother's Day 2010 is indeed very special for me since this year marks my evolution into a full-pledge, hands-on, full-time, super mommy. Yes, I was the one who took care of Yana before and we never had a nanny (until now) but it was so much easier then. Though I had a full-time home based job at that time, I found mommyhood more manageable before because I only had to take care of one baby.

Now, I instantly have three babies and I've got my hands full- literally. My Yana, Yza, and Ysha made me realize all the hassles that come with the world's most rewarding but demanding job. Sometimes I just want to cry, especially if they all cry at the same time and I can't seem to choose who should I attend to first. I also barely sleep now and our financial probs have gone big time since I couldn't work properly with all the nannying I have to do...(please do share some blog monetizing tips)...

Anyway, amidst all these things, I'm proud to say that this Mother's Day, I've become a real mommy - to the bones. Haha! I've grown stronger and tougher and no matter what happens, I know I can handle anything. Why? because I'm a mommy and Mommies are simply the toughest people on earth.

P.S. Mommies, I'm going to have my first ever blog contest this June and maybe you can be sponsors. I'm giving $20 Paypal Cash on my part and ad spaces, Mommy Rose has pledged $10, Mommy Vernz offered $5, and Mommy Chris has EC credits. You can check about the blog contest theme here:  http://ejcayaba.blogspot.com/2010/05/wanted-sponsors-for-my-breaking-free.html . I can also email you the mechanics if you'd leave your email add here or on the original post. I really want to make this contest a success.. please help me. Thanks!

Comments

Cecile said…
Very nice post, belated happy mother's day :-)
jeng said…
Our rewards as Moms are not on the material things that our children and family give us, but it is the joy that they give that makes our life as moms "tolerable." ; ) I commend you for being a super mommy ;)
Tetcha said…
Being a mommy is a 24-hour job; in your case, you get to be a mommy three times, and that's really tough. Congratulations for being a hands-on mom to your three kids. My Mommy Moments entry is up, too! I can also pledge EC credits for your contest. Just contact me anytime.
anne said…
I am with you because my baby is so nasty at times, I am just lucky that I have an eldest daughter who took good care at times, at 9 years old she can sometimes change my youngest daughter a diaper heres mine http://annebianca.com/2010/05/mommy-moments-mothers-day-2010.html thanks
Mel_Cole said…
Wow, mommy to the bones! Good thing you got lots of patience sis! I admire that!
Chubskulit Rose said…
Yaan mo ng walang gift, as long as you guys are together and everyone are helthy, that's all that matters.. Goodluck on your contest!

Fun Filled Mother's day
Anonymous said…
I didn't have gifts from the hubby nor my son either. But because of them, I'm a mom and its enough! 3 babies... wow, that's a lot to chew on. Kudos to you for doing such a good job :)
seth said…
Hi! I am feeling you..although I have only one son to take care to, it is like I am taking care of three! I don't have a yaya too because they don't want a stranger live in their house. But, above of it all, taking care of my baby myself made me feel proud and happy especially when he has accomplished something....

P.S.
Can you send me the details of the contest. I want to pledge for EC and ad space :-)
kimmyschemy said…
i've been a full time mom for six long years and they were the best years of my life. they may also be the 'toughest' but i wouldn't want it any other way. belated happy mother's day
Chris said…
beautiful post mommy! definitely, motherhood changes us from the inside out :)

thanks for joining us!

Popular posts from this blog

Mommy Moments: Welcoming MY TWINS :)

In just a few weeks (probably less than 3), we will be welcoming the twins - a boy and a girl. The target date is to reach my 38th week which is Feb 20. I hope I can make it through and successfully reach that target though I'm also a bit delighted by the idea of my twins being born a bit earlier - perhaps Feb 14 :) (but if that will cause them harm - in any way whatsoever, then away with you v-day bday thoughts!) Anyway, my eldest - my lovely bubbly Yana - just turned one two days ago and I am really not sure how she would welcome the twins. I just hope she'd be able to manage it. Right now, I know that she's quite protective of - and very much connected to - me. I can still remember how scared she was and how loudly she cried when my ob placed a doppler on my tummy and she heard the heartbeats. She might have assumed that the doctor was hurting me somehow so she started crying and she tried to pull my ob away from me. At night (or should I say early morning), she won'

Real Leaf Paparazzi

I have never been a fan of sodas. Nor did I ever engage in a one-night spree with beer or vodka. Instead, I have always loved ice-cold tea. Drinking tea is a habit I’ve developed since I was in college and my ‘tea-addictivity’ has never wavered since. I’ve patiently put up with teabags for years but fortunately, bottled-up teas are now available and distributed in heaps. These days, I’m much fond of Nestea’s Real Leaf Tea and I share this fondness with my two closest “allies” – my partner in life and my younger brother. W hat follows is our one big atte mpt to encourage more people to engage in our quest for a Real Life with Coca Cola’s Real Le af tea (and of course, an attempt to get a prize from Nuffnang's exciting contest- Real Leaf Paparazzi!)… This is the typical “Juan” trying to have a Real Life. With the help of the Real Leaf tea, my brother 'John' tries to stay 100% on. He tries to relieve the exhaustion, stress, and anxiety brought by… (a) a hard day’s work as a n

Life In Taborea: The World Of Runes Of Magic

Runes of Magic (RoM) is a free massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed by the Taiwanese developer Runewaker Entertainment. It's here in the Philippines now, and has been in Open Beta since January 8. My brother is addicted to the game and I have read a lot of rave reviews about it. The most frequent of which is the fact that its graphics are very appealing and quite realistic. S et in a fantasy world filled with magic, monsters, and heroes, it gives you an out of this world experience as you try out a variety of quests and battle with f ellow players and monsters. Whenever you take on your character - may it be a rogue, mage, priest, warrior, or knight, you will feel as if you're leading a double life. Those who have loved DOTA and World of Warcraft will definitely enj oy this game more. If you want to know more about the game, please check http://www.runesofmagic.com.ph/ . ............................................................. PRELUDE At times