Skip to main content

PROJECT MMM: Ads, Money, Headers, My Kids, Etc.

Based on Alexa.com, Blogger.com ranks 6th, Multiply ranks 10th, and Wordpress ranks 11th among the top sites that Filipinos visit. This must only mean one thing - that the number of bloggers and those interested in blogs already make up a significant part of the Philippine population who surf the internet. With the persistent financial and economical crisis in the Philippines, I guess a great percentage of those bloggers are like me... like me who wants to make my hobby a bit profitable. That is why I find this project interesting.

Okay, well maybe my last MMM post was really a bit boring because it was all technical money-making stuff, but I wish you can bear with me because those things had to be discussed so I can show you what I had to do and let other bloggers learn from my blog. Anyway, I've decided that before I start with the techie blahs today, I would share some pics first...
These are my Ysha and Yza and yes, they are my twins.  They will be three months old this 12th of May and they  can already crawl. They don't have a fixed sleep sched yet.

Now this one is my eldest, Yana, who is only a year and 3 months old. She's bubbly, naughty but pretty smart. She's very talkative but no one understands the language she uses. She likes to run around our house and tumble on things. She loves climbing on desks, tables, and chairs. She likes to pull the wires of the TV and the PC and she wants to hide inside the refrigerator. She usually stays awake until four in the morning and then, she sleeps until two o'clock in the afternoon. 

These three make this project of mine more challenging than ever. Why? Because I can only work in front of the computer when they're all asleep and I'm done sleeping and housekeeping. I'm actually lucky now that my Yana has already slept even when it's only 3:30 am. 

With everyone sleeping now, I'm starting to feel a bit drowsy too but before I doze off with the sandman, I'd like to share my accomplishments over the past few days. 

No. 1. Though I am a frustrated artist, I am definitely not a whiz at graphic designing. That is why I am happy to report to you that I have successfully created a more appealing header for Mommy's Infodose. I did not dwell much on the font type but I did find it hard to choose which color fits the blog. Check out what I had to choose from ...


No. 2. I have also claimed Mommy's Infodose at Technorati. Technorati is much like Google but more inclusive. It's an internet search engine for blogs. Experts say that if you want your blog to have authority, then you should make it known by expanding your network and enlisting it in directories and search engines. Technorati has millions of blogs and bloggers under its wing so I joined in.


No. 3. On top of that, I have also signed up with some blog monetization systems like Amazon Affiliates, Buy Blog Reviews, and Infolinks. Amazon Affiliates is a referral system. Basically, you get to earn referral fees if your blog visitor follows the widget links from your site and then makes the purchase to Amazon.com or Endless.com. Take note - only if he makes the purchase. The referral rate of 4% is quite fair. My only concern is that Amazon cannot send money directly to bank accounts here in the Philippines so their payments would come in the form of Amazon Gift Cards.


BuyBlogReviews, on the other hand is a site where you can bid on advertising/review projects. Advertisers post projects and then you bid on them. The usual tasks are to write 200 word articles on a certain product or website. The pay is usually $3, minimum bid. Infolinks on the other hand is an in-text pay-per-click ad. These two pay bloggers using Paypal.


No. 4. For more networking purposes, I have also signed up for Entrecard and Facebook's Networked Blogs. Entrecard allows you to advertise your blog in other blogs and sites with their widget - for free, through the use of Entrecard credits. You can get Entrecard credits by visiting and dropping your card on other blogs and by letting other bloggers advertise on your widget too. So far, I've successfully placed my badge advertisement in 10 other blogs using Entrecard. I also have a few followers in FB Networked Blogs.


No. 5: Another good news is that Mommy's Infodose is already up in Alexa.com (and BloggityBoop's Traffic Rank has gone up too)


I think I'm almost done with this First Phase of Project MMM. All I have to do now is to update my new blog regularly or at least thrice every week and share every published content in social networking sites like FB, twitter, stumbleupon, and digg. One of the topics that I personally want to write about are iPad alternatives so you may want to check that out in Mommy's Infodose soon. I will also have to check review opportunities in the review sites and bid every now and then.

Next week, I'll probably start with the NEXT PHASE of Making Money Online: Make an Online Store for our Motor Shop Business... but before that, here's a glimpse of my new blog...

This is the 3rd in my series of posts for the Windows 7 ako - I'm an Explorer contest

I am an Explorer and I use IE8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mommy Moments: Welcoming MY TWINS :)

In just a few weeks (probably less than 3), we will be welcoming the twins - a boy and a girl. The target date is to reach my 38th week which is Feb 20. I hope I can make it through and successfully reach that target though I'm also a bit delighted by the idea of my twins being born a bit earlier - perhaps Feb 14 :) (but if that will cause them harm - in any way whatsoever, then away with you v-day bday thoughts!) Anyway, my eldest - my lovely bubbly Yana - just turned one two days ago and I am really not sure how she would welcome the twins. I just hope she'd be able to manage it. Right now, I know that she's quite protective of - and very much connected to - me. I can still remember how scared she was and how loudly she cried when my ob placed a doppler on my tummy and she heard the heartbeats. She might have assumed that the doctor was hurting me somehow so she started crying and she tried to pull my ob away from me. At night (or should I say early morning), she won'

Real Leaf Paparazzi

I have never been a fan of sodas. Nor did I ever engage in a one-night spree with beer or vodka. Instead, I have always loved ice-cold tea. Drinking tea is a habit I’ve developed since I was in college and my ‘tea-addictivity’ has never wavered since. I’ve patiently put up with teabags for years but fortunately, bottled-up teas are now available and distributed in heaps. These days, I’m much fond of Nestea’s Real Leaf Tea and I share this fondness with my two closest “allies” – my partner in life and my younger brother. W hat follows is our one big atte mpt to encourage more people to engage in our quest for a Real Life with Coca Cola’s Real Le af tea (and of course, an attempt to get a prize from Nuffnang's exciting contest- Real Leaf Paparazzi!)… This is the typical “Juan” trying to have a Real Life. With the help of the Real Leaf tea, my brother 'John' tries to stay 100% on. He tries to relieve the exhaustion, stress, and anxiety brought by… (a) a hard day’s work as a n

Life In Taborea: The World Of Runes Of Magic

Runes of Magic (RoM) is a free massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed by the Taiwanese developer Runewaker Entertainment. It's here in the Philippines now, and has been in Open Beta since January 8. My brother is addicted to the game and I have read a lot of rave reviews about it. The most frequent of which is the fact that its graphics are very appealing and quite realistic. S et in a fantasy world filled with magic, monsters, and heroes, it gives you an out of this world experience as you try out a variety of quests and battle with f ellow players and monsters. Whenever you take on your character - may it be a rogue, mage, priest, warrior, or knight, you will feel as if you're leading a double life. Those who have loved DOTA and World of Warcraft will definitely enj oy this game more. If you want to know more about the game, please check http://www.runesofmagic.com.ph/ . ............................................................. PRELUDE At times