Skip to main content

PROJECT MMM: Make More Money and My New Blog


Money troubles?" says Dad, coming into the kitchen. "You know there are two solutions to money troubles."
"Cut Back," says my dad, "or Make More Money. One or the other. Which is it to be Becky?"

That's an excerpt from Kinsella's Confessions of a Shopaholic. I haven't finished reading the book yet but I have been thinking about the same problem that Rebecca Bloomwood (Becky) had - Money Troubles.


I have been jobless for more than three months now - well, not totally but to a great extent. I used to work as a full time, home-based web content writer for a BPO company but I stopped last week of January because of early signs of premature labor when I was still pregnant with my twins. Since then, our bills have began to pile up.

After I've given birth to my twins, I occasionally do transcriptions and I've also recently started writing TOEFL exams. However, those aren't regular jobs. They come once in a blue moon and what I really need is something that will make me Real Money - a regular source of big amounts of money. So, I HAVE TO GET A JOB.



However, it is really not easy to get a good job that will pay you reasonably for what you do. Hmmm... maybe it is easy for some, but not for me. You see, I cannot apply for a job that will require me to work at the office. Why? Because we have no nanny (We have tried to look for a trusty one, but we couldn't find any yet). I take care of my three babies myself. So that means, I have to stay at home and I cannot work continuously for eight consecutive hours. I can't even leave the house without bringing my one-year old daughter with me - and if I leave, my outdoor adventure shouldn't last long.

I know what I need is a freelance and work-at-home writing gig with no strict 8-hour rules and the likes. However, I haven't come across one yet after I've browsed through several job sites.


I'm also trying out odesk.com, a site for freelancers but I haven't completed setting my profile. I also haven't taken the site's readiness exam but I will do so in the next few days.


I've also thought about an alternative to getting a job: Make Money Online... I've got this brilliant idea (how I wish it was indeed a brilliant one!) to try to make money online through blogging

I really am into blogging. Actually, I've already tried to monetize this blog (BloggityBoop) and my other blog (MyRTC) but both attempts weren't successful. My RTC blog failed because I wasn't able to pursue it. I stopped updating its content because it turns out that I really wasn't very interested in the niche I've chosen before. On the other hand, I can't make much money from this blog because it's my personal blog. I want this blog to reflect me, my life, my family, my activities - everything ME. I use this to join contests too and so far, I've reaped some pretty neat stuff :)


So, there goes, with all the introductory blahs, I want to tell you all that I'm working on a NEW BLOG (I've announced this before) - Mommy's Infodose (http://yourinfodose.blogspot.com). It was supposed to be 'InfoDose' only but I realized that it's too general.

To avoid what had happened with myrtc, I decided to limit the blog's coverage. So there goes - Mommy's Infodose - it features bits and snippets of tech and gadget news, health and wellness news, product reviews, and links for online contests that mommies may be interested in. Well, actually the info it offers may be of interest not just to mommies, I just wanted to limit what I have to write.

So far, I've already written 18 posts on it since April 18. I've picked a fairly good layout for it but I have to work on its header. I've also plugged it through networked blogs in Facebook and it has been indexed by Google. I think I have a fairly good set of achievements in two-weeks time. I'll do my research on how to monetize blogs in the real world and share it to you soon. Also, anyone who's an expert at monetizing blogs, please do share some tips. Suggestions plus positive and mild negative reactions are very welcome :)


This is the first in my series of posts for the Windows 7 ako - I'm an Explorer contest
I am an Explorer and I use IE8

Comments

Dany said…
good luck on ur new blog.. hope u win more :)

Popular posts from this blog

Mommy Moments: Welcoming MY TWINS :)

In just a few weeks (probably less than 3), we will be welcoming the twins - a boy and a girl. The target date is to reach my 38th week which is Feb 20. I hope I can make it through and successfully reach that target though I'm also a bit delighted by the idea of my twins being born a bit earlier - perhaps Feb 14 :) (but if that will cause them harm - in any way whatsoever, then away with you v-day bday thoughts!) Anyway, my eldest - my lovely bubbly Yana - just turned one two days ago and I am really not sure how she would welcome the twins. I just hope she'd be able to manage it. Right now, I know that she's quite protective of - and very much connected to - me. I can still remember how scared she was and how loudly she cried when my ob placed a doppler on my tummy and she heard the heartbeats. She might have assumed that the doctor was hurting me somehow so she started crying and she tried to pull my ob away from me. At night (or should I say early morning), she won'

Real Leaf Paparazzi

I have never been a fan of sodas. Nor did I ever engage in a one-night spree with beer or vodka. Instead, I have always loved ice-cold tea. Drinking tea is a habit I’ve developed since I was in college and my ‘tea-addictivity’ has never wavered since. I’ve patiently put up with teabags for years but fortunately, bottled-up teas are now available and distributed in heaps. These days, I’m much fond of Nestea’s Real Leaf Tea and I share this fondness with my two closest “allies” – my partner in life and my younger brother. W hat follows is our one big atte mpt to encourage more people to engage in our quest for a Real Life with Coca Cola’s Real Le af tea (and of course, an attempt to get a prize from Nuffnang's exciting contest- Real Leaf Paparazzi!)… This is the typical “Juan” trying to have a Real Life. With the help of the Real Leaf tea, my brother 'John' tries to stay 100% on. He tries to relieve the exhaustion, stress, and anxiety brought by… (a) a hard day’s work as a n

Life In Taborea: The World Of Runes Of Magic

Runes of Magic (RoM) is a free massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed by the Taiwanese developer Runewaker Entertainment. It's here in the Philippines now, and has been in Open Beta since January 8. My brother is addicted to the game and I have read a lot of rave reviews about it. The most frequent of which is the fact that its graphics are very appealing and quite realistic. S et in a fantasy world filled with magic, monsters, and heroes, it gives you an out of this world experience as you try out a variety of quests and battle with f ellow players and monsters. Whenever you take on your character - may it be a rogue, mage, priest, warrior, or knight, you will feel as if you're leading a double life. Those who have loved DOTA and World of Warcraft will definitely enj oy this game more. If you want to know more about the game, please check http://www.runesofmagic.com.ph/ . ............................................................. PRELUDE At times